PREFILED DEC 07 2018
REFERENCE TITLE: highway safety fee; repeal; VLT
State of Arizona
First Regular Session
repealing section 28‑2007, Arizona Revised Statutes; repealing section 28‑5805, Arizona Revised Statutes, as amended by Laws 2018, chapter 265, section 2; amending section 41‑1752, Arizona Revised Statutes; repealing laws 2018, chapter 265, sections 4 and 5; relating to vehicle fees and taxes.
(TEXT OF BILL BEGINS ON NEXT PAGE)
Be it enacted by the Legislature of the State of Arizona:
Section 1. Repeal
A. Section 28-2007, Arizona Revised Statutes, is repealed.
B. Section 28-5805, Arizona Revised Statutes, as amended by Laws 2018, chapter 265, section 2, is repealed.
Sec. 2. Section 41-1752, Arizona Revised Statutes, is amended to read:
41-1752. Arizona highway patrol fund
A. An Arizona highway patrol fund is established.
B. The Arizona highway patrol fund consists of:
1. Monies distributed to the fund from the Arizona highway user revenue fund by the legislature subject to section 28‑6537.
2. Miscellaneous service fees.
5. Insurance recoveries.
6. Receipts from the sale or disposal of any property held by the Arizona highway patrol or purchased with Arizona highway patrol monies.
7. Monies received from the public safety personnel retirement system pursuant to section 20‑224.01.
8. Monies deposited pursuant to section 28‑3513.
9. Monies deposited pursuant to section 28‑2007.
C. Subject to legislative appropriation, the patrol superintendent shall administer and spend monies in the Arizona highway patrol fund in conformity with the laws governing state financial operations.
D. Monies in the Arizona highway patrol fund:
1. Do not revert to the state general fund or Arizona highway user revenue fund.
2. Are exempt from the provisions of section 35‑190 relating to lapsing of appropriations.
E. Subject to legislative appropriation, monies in the Arizona highway patrol fund shall be used to administer the provisions of law relating to the highway patrol and the Arizona highway patrol reserve and all matters pertaining to those laws, except that monies received pursuant to subsection B, paragraph 7 of this section shall be used for the department of public safety.
Sec. 3. Repeal
Laws 2018, chapter 265, sections 4 and 5 are repealed.