REFERENCE TITLE: conduct of elections; voters' rights
State of Arizona
House of Representatives
First Regular Session
Representatives Bolding: Blanc, Fernandez, Friese, Longdon, Pawlik, Salman, Terán
A CONCURRENT RESOLUTION
enacting and ordering the submission to the people of a measure relating to the conduct of elections.
(TEXT OF BILL BEGINS ON NEXT PAGE)
Be it resolved by the House of Representatives of the State of Arizona, the Senate concurring:
1. Under the power of the referendum, as vested in the Legislature, the following measure, relating to the conduct of elections, is enacted to become valid as a law if approved by the voters and on proclamation of the Governor:
amending title 16, chapter 4, article 1, Arizona Revised Statutes, by adding section 16-410.01; relating to the conduct of elections.
Be it enacted by the Legislature of the State of Arizona:
Section 1. Title 16, chapter 4, article 1, Arizona Revised Statutes, is amended by adding section 16-410.01, to read:
16-410.01. Voters' bill of rights
The voters in this state have the right to:
1. Register to vote without facing unnecessary barriers.
2. Participate in fair elections in which elected officials are not choosing their own voters.
3. Vote by mail or in person and know that their votes will count.
4. Have equal access to the ballot no matter where in this state they live, what language they speak or what PHYSICAL abilities they possess.
5. Propose and enact laws when elected officials fail to act.
2. The Secretary of State shall submit this proposition to the voters at the next general election as provided by article IV, part 1, section 1, Constitution of Arizona.