REFERENCE TITLE: retirement systems; member information; confidentiality
State of Arizona
Second Regular Session
Amending title 38, chapter 5, article 4, Arizona Revised Statutes, by adding section 38-848.05; relating to public retirement systems.
(TEXT OF BILL BEGINS ON NEXT PAGE)
Be it enacted by the Legislature of the State of Arizona:
Section 1. Title 38, chapter 5, article 4, Arizona Revised Statutes, is amended by adding section 38-848.05, to read:
38-848.05. Member account information; confidentiality
A. For each retirement plan or system administered by the board, in order to protect a member's identity from fraud, abuse, theft or civil or criminal activity, information about a member is not subject to inspection pursuant to title 39, chapter 1, article 2, except that the following information about a member is subject to inspection:
1. The member's name.
2. Whether the member is an active member, an inactive member or a retired member.
3. The member's current or most recent employer.
4. For a retired member, the average monthly compensation used to calculate the member's retirement benefit.
5. The credited service on account for an active or inactive member or the credited service used to calculate the retirement benefit for a retired member.
6. The gross pension amount actually paid to a retired member.
7. The most recent retirement date.
8. The current account balance for an active or inactive member.
9. The gross long‑term disability program benefit actually paid to a member with a disability.
10. The amount paid to purchase credited service.
11. The amount of credited service purchased.
B. The board and the administrator may not allow any unredacted record to be inspected that contains a member's social security number, bank account information, address, telephone number, e-mail address, medical records, health insurance information, beneficiary or survivor information or disability information or any information that is protected by any federal or state law.