Second Regular Session S.B. 1394
COMMITTEE ON HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
SENATE AMENDMENTS TO S.B. 1394
(Reference to printed bill)
Page 3, between lines 20 and 21 insert:
"Sec. 2. Section 36-2162, Arizona Revised Statutes, is amended to read:
36-2162. Complications; reporting requirements
A. A health professional who provides medical care or treatment to a woman who, in the good faith judgment of the health professional, is in need of medical care because of a complication or complications resulting from having undergone an abortion or attempted abortion must file a report with the department of health services on a form prescribed by the department. The report shall not identify the individual patient by name but must contain the following information and other information as the department may require:
1. The date of the abortion.
2. The woman's age.
3. The number of pregnancies the woman may have had before the abortion.
4. The number and type of abortions the woman may have had before this abortion.
5. The name and address of the facility where the abortion was performed.
6. The gestational age of the unborn child at the time of the abortion, if known.
7. The type of abortion performed, if known.
8. The nature of the complication or complications , INCLUDING AT LEAST ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
(b) UTERINE PERFORATION.
(c) CERVICAL LACERATION REQUIRING SUTURE OR REPAIR.
(d) HEAVY BLEEDING OR HEMORRHAGE WITH ESTIMATED BLOOD LOSS OF AT LEAST 500 CUBIC CENTIMETERS.
(e) ASPIRATION OR ALLERGIC RESPONSE.
(f) POSTPROCEDURE INFECTION.
(h) INCOMPLETE ABORTION RETAINING PART OF THE FETUS REQUIRING RE-EVACUATION.
(i) DAMAGE TO THE UTERUS.
(j) FAILED TERMINATION OR PREGNANCY.
(k) DEATH OF THE PATIENT.
9. The medical treatment given.
10. The nature and extent, if known, of any permanent condition caused by the complication.
B. The hospital or facility shall complete the complication report, which may be signed electronically and shall indicate that the person who signs the report is attesting that the information in the report is correct to the best of that person's knowledge. The hospital or facility must transmit the report to the department within fifteen days after the last day of each reporting month.
C. Any report filed pursuant to this section shall be filed electronically at an internet website that is designated by the department unless the person required to file the report applies for a waiver from electronic reporting by submitting a written request to the department."
Renumber to conform
Amend title to conform