Second Regular Session S.B. 1147
COMMITTEE ON TRANSPORTATION AND TECHNOLOGY
SENATE AMENDMENTS TO S.B. 1147
(Reference to printed bill)
Strike line 5, insert "renewal; extension; election"
Line 6, after "A." insert "Except as provided by subsections C and D of this section,"
Line 8, strike "any" insert "the"
Line 9, strike "42-6105,"
Line 13, strike "B."
Reletter to conform
Lines 15 and 16, strike "section" insert "subsection"
Lines 19, 22 and 26, strike "42-6105,"
Line 28, strike "section" insert "subsection"
Line 30, strike "C." insert "4."
Line 34, strike "D." insert "5."
Line 35, strike "section" insert "subsection"
Line 37, strike "section" insert "subsection"; after the period insert:
After line 43, insert:
"C. At the written request of the regional planning agency, the board of supervisors of a county that levies a tax pursuant to section 42‑6105 may call and conduct a countywide election to approve a transportation plan to be funded by the renewal and extension of the tax according to the following requirements:
1. The issue on the ballot shall be the approval or disapproval of the tax.
2. the election shall be held on a regularly scheduled countywide general election day pursuant to section 16-211.
3. The renewed tax shall be levied and collected At the rates prescribed by section 42-6105, subsection B For a term beginning from and after December 31, 2025 and continuing for twenty years.
4. The transportation plan under this subsection shall be consistent with the regional transportation plan adopted under title 28, chapter 17, article 1.
5. The net revenues collected from the tax shall be allocated, distributed and deposited, pursuant to title 28, chapter 17, article 1, in:
(a) The regional area road fund pursuant to section 28-6303 for use for:
(i) Freeways and other routes in the state highway system, including capital expense and maintenance.
(ii) Major arterial street and intersection improvements, including capital expense and implementation studies.
(b) The public transportation fund pursuant to section 48-5103 for capital costs, maintenance and operation of public transportation systems according to the plan described in section 42-6105, subsection D, paragraph 3.
D. At the written request of the regional transportation authority established pursuant to title 48, chapter 30, the board of supervisors of the county may call and conduct a countywide election to approve the extension of the tax levied pursuant to section 42‑6106 according to the following requirements:
1. Notwithstanding section 48‑5314, the issue on the ballot shall be the approval or disapproval of the tax.
2. the election shall be held on an election day set pursuant to section 48‑5314, subsection A, paragraph 2.
3. Notwithstanding section 42-6106, subsection B, the renewed tax shall be levied and collected:
(a) At a rate of not more than twenty percent of the transaction privilege tax rate prescribed by section 42‑5010, subsection A in effect on January 1, 1990 to each person engaging or continuing in the county in a business taxed under chapter 5, article 1 of this title.
(b) At a rate of not more than twenty percent of the rate prescribed by section 42‑5352, subsection A.
(c) On the use or consumption of electricity or natural gas by retail electric or natural gas customers in the county who are subject to use tax under section 42‑5155, at a rate equal to the transaction privilege tax rate under subdivision (a) of this paragraph applying to persons engaging or continuing in the county in the utilities transaction privilege tax classification.
4. The tax shall be levied for a term, determined by the regional transportation authority board beginning on April 1 following the election and continuing for at least one hundred twenty but not more than two hundred forty months.
5. Regardless of the outcome of the election, any preexisting tax adopted pursuant to section 42‑6106 shall remain in effect according to the existing transportation plan unless amended pursuant to this section.
6. The net revenues collected from the tax shall be deposited in the regional transportation fund pursuant to section 48-5307 for the purposes of the regional transportation plan, including capital expense and maintenance costs."
Reletter to conform
Amend title to conform