State of Arizona
Second Regular Session
SENATE BILL 1289
AMENDING section 15‑717, Arizona Revised Statutes; relating to school displays.
(TEXT OF BILL BEGINS ON NEXT PAGE)
Be it enacted by the Legislature of the State of Arizona:
Section 1. Section 15-717, Arizona Revised Statutes, is amended to read:
15-717. American history and heritage
A teacher or administrator in any school in this state may read or post in any school building copies or excerpts of the following materials:
1. The national motto "in god we trust".
2. The national anthem.
3. The pledge of allegiance.
4. The preamble to the constitution of this state.
5. The declaration of independence.
6. The Mayflower compact.
7. Writings, speeches, documents and proclamations of the founding fathers and the presidents of the United States.
8. Published decisions of the United States supreme court.
9. Acts of the United States Congress.
10. The state motto "ditat deus", which means "God enriches".