Bill Number: S.B. 1417
Lesko Floor Amendment
Reference to: printed bill
· Removes the changes to the solar energy device warranty length and adds that certain components of the device must be warranted for two years or include an energy production output guarantee.
· Requires the length of the warranty to be disclosed to and separately acknowledged by the buyer or lessee on the agreement if the warranty period for any major component of the system is less than the duration of the agreement.
· Removes the requirement that the marketer or installer be present, or ensure that an engineer or other knowledgeable person be present, when the system is installed, energized and interconnected to the power grid.
· Removes the requirement that a person who markets a solar energy device for sale or lease must furnish a certificate to the buyer that the device complies with statute.
· Allows a utility with less than 75,000 customers to waive the interconnection requirements.
Second Regular Session S.B. 1417
LESKO FLOOR AMENDMENT
SENATE AMENDMENTS TO S.B. 1417
(Reference to printed bill)
Page 6, line 32, strike “THE”
Line 33, strike “DURATION OF THE LEASE OR FINANCE AGREEMENT, WHICHEVER IS LONGER” insert “SHALL INCLUDE AN ENERGY PRODUCTION OUTPUT GUARANTEE PROVIDED PURSUANT TO SECTION 44-1763, SUBSECTION A, PARAGRAPH 4”
Line 35, strike “one year TEN YEARS” insert “one year”
Page 7, line 3, strike “OR MARKETS FOR SALE OR LEASE”
Line 5, strike “AND SECTION”
Strike lines 6 through 8
Line 9, strike “POWER GRID”
Page 8, line 21, after the period insert “IF THE WARRANTY PERIOD FOR ANY MAJOR COMPONENT IS LESS THAN THE DURATION OF THE AGREEMENT, THE LENGTH OF THE WARRANTY MUST BE DISCLOSED TO AND SEPARATELY ACKNOWLEDGED BY THE BUYER OR LESSEE.”
Page 10, line 17, strike “AND” insert “OR”
Strike lines 23 through 27
Reletter to conform
Line 38, strike “AND” insert “OR”
Page 11, line 1, strike the first “LEASE” insert “RECURRING”
Line 25, after the period insert “A UTILITY WITH LESS THAN seventy-five thousand CUSTOMERS MAY, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, WAIVE ANY OF THE REQUIREMENTS OF THIS SECTION.”
Amend title to conform