HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES AMENDMENTS TO S.B. 1432
(Reference to Senate engrossed bill)
Strike everything after the enacting clause and insert:
"Section 1. Section 13-2904, Arizona Revised Statutes, is amended to read:
13-2904. Disorderly conduct; classification
A. A person commits disorderly conduct if, with intent to disturb the peace or quiet of a neighborhood, family or person, or with knowledge of doing so, such person:
1. Engages in fighting, violent or seriously disruptive behavior; or
2. Makes unreasonable noise; or
3. Uses abusive or offensive language or gestures to any person present in a manner likely to provoke immediate physical retaliation by such person; or
4. Makes any protracted commotion, utterance or display with the intent to prevent the transaction of the business of a lawful meeting, gathering or procession; or
5. Refuses to obey a lawful order to disperse issued to maintain public safety in dangerous proximity to a fire, a hazard or any other emergency; or
6. Recklessly handles, displays or discharges a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument.
B. A person commits disorderly conduct if the person intentionally enters a public restroom, bathroom, shower, bath, dressing room or locker room and a sign indicates that the room is for the exclusive use of persons of one sex and the person is not legally classified on the person's birth certificate as a member of that sex.
C. Subsection B of this section does not apply to a person who enters a public restroom, bathroom, shower, bath, dressing room or locker room and who is of a different sex than that indicated on the sign if the person is any of the following:
1. Entering as part of the person's job responsibilities.
2. Entering to give aid or assistance to another person.
3. A child who needs assistance.
4. Physically disabled.
B. D. Disorderly conduct under subsection A, paragraph 6 is a class 6 felony. Disorderly conduct under subsection A, paragraph 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 or subsection B is a class 1 misdemeanor.
Sec. 2. Emergency
This act is an emergency measure that is necessary to preserve the public peace, health or safety and is operative immediately as provided by law."