REFERENCE TITLE: business license; ethics pledge
State of Arizona
House of Representatives
Second Regular Session
Representatives McGuire: Brown, Fleming, Heinz, Sinema, Senator Rios
amending 42-2151, Arizona Revised Statutes; relating to business identification and licensing forms.
(TEXT OF BILL BEGINS ON NEXT PAGE)
Be it enacted by the Legislature of the State of Arizona:
Section 1. Section 42-2151, Arizona Revised Statutes, is amended to read:
42-2151. Providing business and employer identifiers, licenses, numbers and other forms; business ethics pledge
A. The department of revenue and the department of economic security shall cooperatively prepare and provide a single form by which any person desiring to engage in business may obtain:
1. Employer identification numbers for income tax withholding and unemployment insurance purposes.
2. Transaction privilege tax licenses.
3. Any other identification numbers and licenses deemed practical.
B. The department of revenue shall:
1. Make the form available at its office or by mail.
2. Specify all fees necessary to obtain tax identification numbers and licenses.
3. Process all forms it receives by forwarding appropriate copies to the department of economic security.
4. Deposit, pursuant to sections 35‑146 and 35‑147, in the state general fund all monies it receives from the fees it obtains for tax identification numbers and licenses.
C. The form shall include the following business ethics pledge that shall be acknowledged by the person:
As owner, representative or agent of ____________ (the business entity), I do hereby pledge to ascribe to and operate the business within generally accepted principles of good business ethics, including honesty, fairness and legal and moral standards, with the understanding that these principles represent the best strategies for the business and long-term benefits for our society, nation and great state.