41-1232. Registration of principals; fee
A. Except as provided in subsection B of this section, before any principal causes any lobbying to occur on its behalf, the principal shall register with the secretary of state by filing a written statement in a format prescribed by the secretary of state, subscribed under penalty of perjury, containing the following information:
1. The name and business address of the principal.
2. The name and business address of a person who is the designated lobbyist for the principal, regardless of whether the person is engaged to lobby for compensation.
3. The name and business address of each lobbyist for compensation or authorized lobbyist employed by, retained by or representing the principal.
4. For each lobbyist for compensation, designated lobbyist or authorized lobbyist that is not an individual, the name and business address of all employees of that lobbyist who lobby on the principal's behalf.
5. The nature of the primary business or activity, issue, interest or purpose of the principal.
6. The duration of the engagement of any lobbyist.
7. A description of the expenses for which each lobbyist is to be reimbursed by the principal.
8. A listing of the state entities the lobbyist has been engaged or designated to lobby including the legislature and state agencies, boards, commissions or councils.
B. If a registration as required by subsection A of this section cannot be accomplished or is not practicable in advance of the first attempt or occasion to lobby, registration must occur within five business days after the day on which the first lobbying attempt, occasion or activity occurs.
C. Each principal shall reregister not later than 5:00 p.m. on the second Monday in January of each odd numbered year unless at that time the principal no longer engages any lobbyist. A principal shall file its registration at any time beginning December 1 in the even numbered year until 5:00 p.m. on the second Monday in January in the odd numbered year. Each principal shall amend its registration statement within five business days of any change in the information required by subsection A of this section.
D. A principal shall provide notice to each lobbyist for compensation, authorized lobbyist and designated lobbyist who is named in the principal's registration or reregistration statement. The notice shall state that the principal has listed the lobbyist for compensation, authorized lobbyist or designated lobbyist on the principal's registration or reregistration statement and that this listing obligates the lobbyist for compensation or designated lobbyist to register and file all reports required by this article. The notice shall be accompanied by a summary of the lobbyist laws published by the secretary of state, the first page of the principal's registration and the page of the schedule on which the name of the lobbyist for compensation, authorized lobbyist or designated lobbyist appears.
E. Each principal that registers a lobbyist for compensation or a designated lobbyist who receives compensation for lobbying from the principal, at the time of registering or reregistering, shall pay a registration or reregistration fee of $25 to the secretary of state. A principal may not be charged more than one $25 fee per registration period. Registration and reregistration fees collected by the secretary of state shall be deposited, pursuant to sections 35-146 and 35-147, in the state general fund, and, subject to legislative appropriation, the registration and reregistration fees for principals shall be used to reduce the costs associated with enforcing the lobbyist registration laws.