41-179. Family college savings program advisory committee; membership; duties; committee termination
A. The state treasurer shall appoint a family college savings program advisory committee to assist the treasurer in promoting and raising awareness of the family college savings program established by title 15, chapter 14, article 7 to residents of this state, with emphasis on increasing access to the program among economically disadvantaged, minority and underrepresented student populations. The advisory committee shall include all of the following:
1. The state treasurer or the state treasurer's designee, who serves as chairperson of the committee.
2. Two members who represent community college districts in this state, one of whom represents a community college district in a county with a population of five hundred thousand persons or more and one of whom represents a community college district in a county with a population of less than five hundred thousand persons.
3. One member who represents a university under the jurisdiction of the Arizona board of regents.
4. One member who represents an accredited private educational institution in this state offering associate, baccalaureate or higher degrees.
5. One member who represents an accredited private educational institution offering private vocational training in this state.
6. One member who is a teacher and who currently provides classroom instruction in this state.
7. One member who represents a federally recognized Indian tribe in this state.
8. One member who represents a United States department of labor-approved apprenticeship program.
9. Two public members who are residents of this state.
B. The committee shall do both of the following:
1. Assist and make recommendations to the state treasurer regarding promotional and informational activities relating to the family college savings program.
2. Meet at least once each calendar quarter. A majority of the membership constitutes a quorum for the transaction of business.
C. Committee members are not eligible to receive compensation or reimbursement of expenses.
D. The state treasurer's office shall provide necessary staff services to the committee.
E. The committee established by this section ends on July 1, 2028 pursuant to section 41-3103.