!Creation Date: 09/16/22> <!Author: Arizona Legislative Council> <!Typist: dbupdate>
36-2806.02. Dispensing marijuana for medical use
(Caution: 1998 Prop. 105 applies)
A. Before marijuana may be dispensed to a registered designated caregiver or a registered qualifying patient, a nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary agent must access the verification system and determine for the registered qualifying patient for whom the marijuana is intended and any registered designated caregiver transporting the marijuana to the patient, that:
1. The registry identification card presented to the registered nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary is valid.
2. Each person presenting a registry identification card is the person identified on the registry identification card presented to the nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary agent.
3. The amount to be dispensed would not cause the registered qualifying patient to exceed the limit on obtaining no more than two-and-one-half ounces of marijuana during any fourteen-day period.
B. After making the determinations required in subsection A, but before dispensing marijuana to a registered qualifying patient or a registered designated caregiver on a registered qualifying patient's behalf, a nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary agent must enter the following information in the verification system:
1. How much marijuana is being dispensed to the registered qualifying patient.
2. Whether it was dispensed directly to the registered qualifying patient or to the registered qualifying patient's registered designated caregiver.
3. The date and time the marijuana was dispensed.
4. The registry identification card number of the nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary and of the nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary agent who dispensed the marijuana.