32-3502. Board of respiratory care examiners; membership, appointment, qualifications
A. The board of respiratory care examiners is established consisting of seven members appointed by the governor. Each board member shall be a resident of this state at the time of appointment. The governor shall appoint:
1. Three licensed respiratory care practitioners, at least one of whom is a technical director of a respiratory care department or respiratory care corporation or an officer or faculty member of a college, school or institution engaged in respiratory therapy education and at least one of whom is involved in direct patient care.
2. A physician who is licensed pursuant to chapter 13 or 17 of this title and who is knowledgeable in respiratory care.
3. Two public members who are not engaged, directly or indirectly, in the provision of health care services.
4. One hospital administrator.
B. Before appointment by the governor, a prospective member of the board shall submit a full set of fingerprints to the governor for the purpose of obtaining a state and federal criminal records check pursuant to section 41-1750 and Public Law 92-544. The department of public safety may exchange this fingerprint data with the federal bureau of investigation.
C. The respiratory care practitioner members shall:
1. Have at least five years of experience in respiratory care or respiratory therapy education.
2. Have been employed actively in direct patient care, respiratory therapy education or management or supervision of respiratory care for at least three years immediately preceding appointment.
3. Be licensed pursuant to this chapter.
D. The governor may appoint the licensed respiratory care practitioners from a list of seven qualified persons submitted to the governor by the Arizona society for respiratory care.
E. The governor may appoint the physician member from a list of three qualified persons submitted to the governor by the Arizona medical association and the Arizona osteopathic medical association.
F. The governor may appoint the hospital administrator member from a list of three qualified persons submitted to the governor by the Arizona hospital association.
G. The term of office of each member is three years, to begin and end on June 30. A member shall not serve for more than two consecutive terms.
H. The governor may remove board members for neglect of duty, malfeasance or misfeasance.