32-2622. Qualifications of applicant for associate, security guard or armed security guard registration certificate
A. An applicant for an associate or a security guard registration certificate issued pursuant to this article shall:
1. Be at least eighteen years of age.
2. Be a citizen or legal resident of the United States who is authorized to seek employment in the United States.
3. Not have been convicted of any felony or currently be under indictment for a felony.
4. Within the five years immediately preceding the application for an associate, security guard or armed security guard registration certificate, not have been convicted of any misdemeanor act involving:
(a) Personal violence or force against another person or threatening to commit any act of personal violence or force against another person.
(b) Misconduct involving a deadly weapon as provided in section 13-3102.
(c) Dishonesty or fraud.
(f) Domestic violence.
(g) A violation of title 13, chapter 34 or 34.1 or an offense that has the same elements as an offense listed in title 13, chapter 34 or 34.1.
(h) Sexual misconduct.
5. Not be on parole, on community supervision, on work furlough, on home arrest, on release on any other basis or named in an outstanding arrest warrant.
6. Not be serving a term of probation pursuant to a conviction for any act of personal violence or domestic violence, as defined in section 13-3601, or an offense that has the same elements as an offense listed in section 13-3601.
7. Not be either of the following:
(a) Adjudicated mentally incompetent.
(b) Found to constitute a danger to self or others pursuant to section 36-540.
8. Not have a disability as defined in section 41-1461, unless that person is a qualified individual as defined in section 41-1461.
9. Not have been convicted of acting or attempting to act as an associate security guard or armed security guard without a license if a license was required.
10. Not be a registered sex offender.
B. An applicant for an armed security guard registration certificate issued pursuant to this chapter shall:
1. Meet the requirements of subsection A of this section.
2. Successfully complete all background screening and training requirements.
3. Not be a prohibited possessor as defined in section 13-3101 or as described in 18 United States Code section 922.
4. Not have been discharged from the armed services of the United States under other than honorable conditions.
5. Not have been convicted of any crime involving domestic violence as defined in section 13-3601.