!Creation Date: 09/16/22> <!Author: Arizona Legislative Council> <!Typist: dbupdate>
32-122.02. Certification of home inspectors; insurance
A. An applicant for certification as a home inspector shall:
1. Be at least eighteen years of age.
2. Have passed within two years preceding application a written examination that is approved by the board and that meets the competency standards recommended by the home inspector rules and standards committee and adopted by the board.
3. Have passed a course of study that meets the standards recommended by the home inspector rules and standards committee and approved by the board.
4. Pay a fee as determined by the board and for initial certification shall provide to the board evidence of having a valid fingerprint clearance card issued pursuant to title 41, chapter 12, article 3.1.
5. Not have had a certificate denied or revoked pursuant to this chapter within one year immediately preceding the application.
6. Have received an absolute discharge from sentence at least five years before the application if the person has been convicted of one or more felonies.
7. Provide evidence of the applicant's ability to obtain financial assurance as provided by subsection B of this section.
B. Within sixty days after certification and before any fee-based home inspection is performed, a home inspector certified pursuant to this chapter shall file one of the following financial assurances pursuant to rules recommended by the home inspector rules and standards committee and adopted by the board:
1. Errors and omissions insurance for negligent acts committed in the course of a home inspection in an amount of $200,000 in the aggregate and $100,000 per occurrence.
2. A bond that is retroactive to the certification date in the amount of $25,000 or proof that minimum net assets have a value of at least $25,000.
C. If a home inspector loses or otherwise fails to maintain a required financial assurance, the certification shall be automatically suspended and shall be reinstated if a financial assurance is obtained within ninety days. If a financial assurance is not obtained within ninety days, the certification shall be automatically revoked.
D. A home inspector is subject to this chapter and rules adopted pursuant to this chapter.
E. Except as provided in subsection A, paragraph 4 of this section, the board may not require the submission of a fingerprint clearance card for certification renewal or any other purpose.