28-4133. Insurance identification cards; documentary evidence; exception
A. An authorized insurer shall issue at least two motor vehicle insurance identification cards for a motor vehicle or automobile liability policy that meets the requirements of section 28-4009 or section 28-4033, subsection A, paragraph 2, subdivision (c).
B. The card shall include the number that the department assigns to the insurer and shall state that:
1. A person is required to possess evidence of financial responsibility within the motor vehicle.
2. The card or an image of the card that is displayed on a wireless communication device meets the requirement prescribed in paragraph 1 of this subsection.
3. The card or an image of the card that is displayed on a wireless communication device is satisfactory evidence if the person is asked by the department of transportation to verify financial responsibility on the motor vehicle.
C. All documentary evidence issued by an insurer or an authorized agent of the insurer shall indicate:
1. The name of the insurer as listed with the department of insurance and financial institutions.
2. For the purpose of verifying insurance coverage, the mailing address and telephone number of the insurer or an authorized agent of the insurer.
3. In order to accurately verify insurance coverage, other information as required by the department of transportation.
4. If a binder is issued by an authorized agent of an insurer, the name, address and telephone number of the agent.
D. This section does not apply to a commercial vehicle policy that provides automatic coverage for additional or newly acquired vehicles until the policy's expiration date.