In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Department" means the department of economic security.
2. "Director" means the director of the department.
3. "Division" means the department of economic security.
4. "Maintenance" means money payments not to exceed the estimated cost of subsistence during vocational rehabilitation.
5. "Person with a disability" means any individual who has a physical or mental disability and a substantial disadvantage to employment, which is of such a nature that vocational rehabilitation services may reasonably be expected to render the person fit to engage in a gainful occupation, including a gainful occupation which is more consistent with the person's capacities and abilities, or for whom vocational rehabilitation services are necessary for the purpose of extended evaluation to determine rehabilitation potential.
6. "Physical restoration" means medical, surgical or therapeutic treatment necessary to correct or reduce the employment disadvantage of a person with a disability and includes medical, psychiatric, dental and surgical treatment, nursing service, hospital care not to exceed ninety days, convalescent home care, drugs, medical and surgical supplies and prosthetic appliances and other related services as defined in the vocational rehabilitation act, as amended.
7. "Prosthetic appliance" means an artificial device necessary to support or take the place of a part of the body, or to increase the acuity of a sense organ.
8. "Vocational rehabilitation" or "vocational rehabilitation service" means a service determined by the director to be necessary to enable a person with a disability to engage in a remunerative occupation and includes medical and vocational diagnosis, vocational guidance, counsel and placement, rehabilitation, training, physical restoration, transportation, occupational licenses, customary occupational tools and equipment, maintenance and training books and materials, follow up, evaluation and work adjustment and other related services as defined in the vocational rehabilitation act, as amended.