(Caution: 1998 Prop. 105 applies)
For purposes of this article:
A. "Abuse" means an offense prescribed in section 13-3623, Arizona Revised Statutes.
B. "Commission" is as defined in section 23-362, Arizona Revised Statutes.
C. "Domestic violence" is as defined in section 13-3601, Arizona Revised Statutes.
D. "Earned paid sick time" means time that is compensated at the same hourly rate and with the same benefits, including health care benefits, as the employee normally earns during hours worked and is provided by an employer to an employee for the purposes described in section 23-373 of this article, but in no case shall this hourly amount be less than that provided under the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 (29 United States Code section 206(A)(1)) or section 23-363, Arizona Revised Statutes.
E. "Employ" is as defined in section 23-362, Arizona Revised Statutes.
F. "Employee" is as defined in section 23-362, Arizona Revised Statutes. Employee includes recipients of public benefits who are engaged in work activity as a condition of receiving public assistance.
G. "Employer" includes any corporation, proprietorship, partnership, joint venture, limited liability company, trust, association, political subdivision of the state, individual or other entity acting directly or indirectly in the interest of an employer in relation to an employee, but does not include the State of Arizona or the United States.
H. "Family member" means:
1. Regardless of age, a biological, adopted or foster child, stepchild or legal ward, a child of a domestic partner, a child to whom the employee stands in loco parentis, or an individual to whom the employee stood in loco parentis when the individual was a minor;
2. A biological, foster, stepparent or adoptive parent or legal guardian of an employee or an employee's spouse or domestic partner or a person who stood in loco parentis when the employee or employee's spouse or domestic partner was a minor child;
3. A person to whom the employee is legally married under the laws of any state, or a domestic partner of an employee as registered under the laws of any state or political subdivision;
4. A grandparent, grandchild or sibling (whether of a biological, foster, adoptive or step relationship) of the employee or the employee's spouse or domestic partner; or
5. Any other individual related by blood or affinity whose close association with the employee is the equivalent of a family relationship.
I. "Retaliation" is as defined in section 23-364, Arizona Revised Statutes.
J. "Sexual violence" means an offense prescribed in: (a) title 13, chapter 14, Arizona Revised Statutes, except for sections 13-1408 and 13-1422; or (b) sections 13-1304(A)(3), 13-1307, 13-3019, 13-3206, 13-3212, 13-3552, 13-3553, 13-3554, or 13-3560, Arizona Revised Statutes.
K. "Stalking" means an offense prescribed in section 13-2923, Arizona Revised Statutes.
L. "Year" means a regular and consecutive 12-month period as determined by the employer.