23-355. Action by employee to recover wages; amount of recovery

A. Except as provided in subsection B of this section, if an employer, in violation of this chapter, fails to pay wages due any employee, the employee may recover in a civil action against an employer or former employer an amount that is treble the amount of the unpaid wages.

B. This section does not authorize a county school superintendent to issue a warrant in violation of section 15-304 or in violation of any other provision of law.