15-506. Flag, Constitution and Bill of Rights display; recitation of pledge of allegiance; moment of silence; exemption
A. School districts and charter schools shall:
1. Acquire United States flags that are manufactured in the United States and that are at least two feet by three feet and hardware to appropriately display the United States flags.
2. For grades seven through twelve, acquire a legible copy of the Constitution of the United States and the Bill of Rights that is manufactured in the United States.
3. Display the flags in accordance with title 4 of the United States Code in each classroom and on or near the outside of the school building during school hours and at such other times as the school authorities direct.
4. For grades seven through twelve, place a legible copy of the Constitution of the United States and the Bill of Rights adjacent to each classroom flag.
5. Set aside a specific time each day for students who wish to recite the pledge of allegiance to the United States flag.
6. For kindergarten programs and grades one through twelve, set aside at least one minute but not more than two minutes at the beginning of each school day for students to engage in a moment of silence during which students may not interfere with other students' participation. A teacher or other school employee may not suggest the nature of any reflection in which a student may engage during the moment of silence. Each teacher of a class in which a moment of silence occurs pursuant to this paragraph shall encourage parents of students in the class to discuss with their children how to best use the moment of silence required by this paragraph.
B. Private schools, parochial schools and homeschools are exempt from this section.