!Creation Date: 09/16/22> <!Author: Arizona Legislative Council> <!Typist: dbupdate>
In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Adult" means an individual who is at least eighteen years of age.
2. "Conservator" means a person appointed by the court to manage the estate of an adult protected person, including a person appointed under chapter 5 of this title.
3. "Court of this state" or "court in this state" means the superior court.
4. "Guardian" means a person who has qualified as a guardian of an incapacitated person pursuant to testamentary or court appointment and includes a person who is appointed under chapter 5, article 3 of this title. Guardian does not include a guardian ad litem who is appointed pursuant to section 14-1408 or a representative who is appointed pursuant to section 14-10302.
5. "Guardianship order" means an order appointing a guardian.
6. "Guardianship proceeding" means a judicial proceeding in which an order for the appointment of a guardian is sought or has been issued.
7. "Incapacitated person" means an adult for whom a guardian has been appointed.
8. "Person", except in the term incapacitated person or protected person, means an individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, limited liability company, association, joint venture, public corporation, government or governmental subdivision, agency or instrumentality or any other legal or commercial entity.
9. "Protected person" means an adult for whom a protective order has been issued.
10. "Protective order" means an order appointing a conservator or other order related to management of an adult's property.
11. "Protective proceeding" means a judicial proceeding in which a protective order is sought or has been issued.
12. "Record" means information that is inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium and is retrievable in perceivable form.
13. "Respondent" means an adult for whom a protective order or the appointment of a guardian is sought.
14. "State" means a state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands, a federally recognized Indian tribe or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.