!Creation Date: 09/16/22> <!Author: Arizona Legislative Council> <!Typist: dbupdate>
In this title, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Contact" includes in-person contact, written communication and all forms of electronic communications.
2. "Contact order" means an order allowing contact between a ward and a person with a significant relationship to the ward.
3. "Incapacitated person" means any person who is impaired by reason of mental illness, mental deficiency, mental disorder, physical illness or disability, chronic use of drugs, chronic intoxication or other cause, except minority, to the extent that he lacks sufficient understanding or capacity to make or communicate responsible decisions concerning his person. In cases of limited guardianship only, a person is not deemed an incapacitated person for purposes of voting if the person files a petition and has a hearing and the judge determines by clear and convincing evidence that the person retains sufficient understanding to exercise the right to vote pursuant to section 14-5304.02.
4. "Inpatient psychiatric facility" means a hospital that contains an organized psychiatric services unit or a special hospital that is licensed to provide psychiatric services.
5. "Investigator" means a person who is appointed by the court under section 14-5308.
6. "Joint legal decision-making" has the same meaning prescribed in section 25-401.
7. "Legal decision-making" has the same meaning prescribed in section 25-401.
8. "Parenting time" has the same meaning prescribed in section 25-401.
9. "Physician" means a person licensed pursuant to title 32, chapter 13 or 17.
10. "Protected person" means a minor or any other person for whom a conservator has been appointed or any other protective order has been made.
11. "Protective proceeding" means a proceeding under section 14-5401 to determine that a person cannot effectively manage or apply his estate to necessary ends, either because he lacks the ability or is otherwise inconvenienced, or because he is a minor, and to secure administration of his estate by a conservator or other appropriate relief.
12. "Psychologist" means a person licensed pursuant to title 32, chapter 19.1.
13. "Registered nurse" has the same meaning as prescribed in section 32-1601.
14. "Significant relationship" means the person either is related to the ward by blood or marriage or is a close friend of the ward as established by a history of pattern and practice.
15. "Visitation" has the same meaning prescribed in section 25-401.
16. "Ward" means a person for whom a guardian has been appointed. "Minor ward" means a minor for whom a guardian has been appointed solely because of minority.