13-3311. Amusement gambling intellectual contests or events; registration; filing of rules; sworn statement; exceptions
A. Before any person conducts an amusement gambling intellectual contest or event pursuant to section 13-3301, paragraph 1, subdivision (d), item (iii), the person shall register with the attorney general's office. The registration shall include:
1. The name and address of the person conducting the contest or event.
2. The minimum dollar amount of all prizes to be awarded.
3. The duration of the event.
4. The statutory agent or person authorized to accept service of process in Arizona for the person conducting the contest or event.
5. All rules governing the contest or event, including the rules applicable in case of a tie.
6. The name and description of the product and the established purchase price for the product.
B. Within ten days following the award of all prizes in connection with an amusement gambling intellectual contest or event, the person conducting the contest or event shall file with the attorney general's office the names and addresses of all persons who have won prizes in connection with the contest or event.
C. For each amusement gambling intellectual contest or event held, the person conducting the event shall file with the attorney general's office a sworn statement under oath that no increment has been added to the established purchase price for the product in connection with the gambling event.
D. This section does not apply to organizations that have qualified for an exemption from taxation of income under section 501 of the internal revenue code or to academic competitions conducted by school districts or charter schools that award cash, prizes or scholarships to participants.