11-475. Fees; exemption
(L15, Ch. 67, sec. 1. Eff. Until 7/1/19)
A. The county recorder shall receive the following fees:
1. For recording papers required or authorized by law to be recorded, if the fee is not otherwise specified in this section, five dollars for the first five pages plus one dollar for each additional page. In no case shall the charge for additional pages exceed two hundred fifty dollars.
2. For recording papers to which the United States, this state or a political subdivision thereof, including cities, towns and irrigation, drainage and electrical districts, is a party, when recorded at the request of the United States, this state or the political subdivision, three dollars for the first five pages, plus fifty cents for each additional page, such fee to apply only if the fee is to be paid from public monies. Those fees due the county recorder from the state for recording papers may be paid on a monthly basis.
3. For preparing and certifying copies of a record in the recorder's office, one dollar for each page or partial page. In addition for attaching the recorder's certificate and seal, three dollars.
4. For issuing a certificate pursuant to section 47-9523, ten dollars for each name, plus one dollar for each financing statement or statement of assignment reported therein.
5. Fifteen dollars for each deed that transfers, conveys or affects an interest in real property.
6. Twenty-five dollars for each deed of trust or mortgage.
7. Ten dollars for each release of a deed of trust or mortgage.
B. A person recording a deed of trust or mortgage for residential property constructed for at least one family but not more than four families shall include "residential 1-4" in the caption heading on the first page of each document. Failure to comply with this subsection does not affect the validity of the document or the validity of the recording of the document.
C. The fees provided in subsection A, paragraphs 5, 6 and 7 of this section include the amount charged pursuant to subsection G of this section and section 11-475.01.
D. The standard fee shall be charged for the first indexing category indicated by the caption of any instrument. Three dollars shall be charged for each additional indexing category on the same instrument.
E. The standard fee shall be charged for the first assignment, partial assignment, release, partial release or other modification of any instrument. Three dollars shall be charged for each additional transaction on the same instrument.
F. Notwithstanding subsection A, paragraph 3 of this section, the recorder shall prepare and furnish copies and certifications at one-half of the established fee when requested by any state agency for official purposes.
G. One dollar shall be charged for each instrument if the recorder is required to deliver the instruments by mail. The fee collected pursuant to this subsection shall be deposited into the county general fund.
H. The county recorder shall not receive a fee for performing the duties prescribed by this section for an office, agency or department of the county where the document is to be recorded. This exemption shall apply only when such fees would otherwise be paid from public monies.