!Creation Date: 09/15/22> <!Author: Arizona Legislative Council> <!Typist: dbupdate>
10-11007. Restated articles of incorporation
A. A corporation's board of directors may restate its articles of incorporation at any time with or without approval by the members or any other person.
B. The restatement may include one or more amendments to the articles of incorporation. If the restatement includes an amendment requiring approval by the members or any other person, it shall be adopted as provided in section 10-11003.
C. If the board of directors submits a restatement for member action, the corporation shall notify each member entitled to vote of the proposed membership meeting in writing in accordance with section 10-3705. The notice shall also state that the purpose or one of the purposes of the meeting is to consider the proposed restatement and shall contain or be accompanied by a copy or summary of the restatement that identifies any amendment or other change it would make in the articles.
D. If the board of directors submits a restatement for member action by written ballot or written consent, the material that solicits the approval shall contain or be accompanied by a copy or summary of the restatement that also identifies any amendment or other change it would make in the articles of incorporation.
E. A corporation restating its articles of incorporation shall deliver to the commission for filing articles of restatement setting forth the name of the corporation and the text of the restated articles of incorporation together with a certificate setting forth:
1. Whether the restatement contains an amendment to the articles requiring approval by any other person other than the board of directors and, if it does not, that the board of directors adopted the restatement.
2. If the restatement contains an amendment to the articles requiring approval by the members, a statement that such approval was obtained.
3. If the restatement contains an amendment to the articles requiring approval by a person whose approval is required pursuant to section 10-11030, a statement that such approval was obtained.
F. Duly adopted restated articles of incorporation supersede the original articles of incorporation and all amendments to them.
G. The commission may certify restated articles of incorporation, as the articles of incorporation currently in effect, without including the certificate information required by subsection E of this section.
H. Within sixty days after the commission approves the filing, either of the following must occur:
1. A copy of the articles of restatement shall be published. An affidavit evidencing the publication may be filed with the commission.
2. The commission shall input the information regarding the approval into the database as prescribed by section 10-130.