In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Affiliate" means a person that directly or indirectly, through one or more intermediaries, controls, is controlled by or is under common control with another person.
2. "Broadband service" means providing access and transport to the internet, computer processing, information storage or protocol conversion at a download rate of at least twenty-five megabits per second and at an upload rate of at least three megabits per second.
3. "Electric utility" means any corporation, governmental agency, political subdivision or other entity or combination of such entities that produces, generates, purchases, sells, transmits or distributes electricity to another electric utility or to a user of electricity.
4. "Executed by the cooperative" means executed by manual or facsimile signature on behalf of the cooperative by a duly authorized officer or, if the corporation is under the control of a receiver or trustee, by the receiver or trustee.
5. "Generation and transmission cooperative" means a corporation that is organized under this article or that becomes subject to this article as provided in this article.
6. "Person" means a natural person, firm, association, corporation, business trust or partnership or any agency or political subdivision of the United States or of this state or any other political body.