In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Affiliate" means a person that directly or indirectly, through one or more intermediaries, controls, is controlled by or is under common control with another person.
2. "Broadband service" means providing access and transport to the internet, computer processing, information storage or protocol conversion at a download rate of at least twenty-five megabits per second and at an upload rate of at least three megabits per second.
3. "Cooperative" means a corporation that is organized under this article or that becomes subject to this article in the manner provided in this article.
4. "Executed by the cooperative" means executed by manual or facsimile signature on behalf of the cooperative by a duly authorized officer or, if the corporation is under the control of a receiver or trustee, by the receiver or trustee.
5. "Person" means a natural person, firm, association, corporation, business trust, partnership, federal agency, state or political subdivision or agency of a state or any body politic.