The Legislative Council is a statutory committee of the Legislature chaired in alternate years by the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives and includes six additional members from each chamber. The Council staff provide a variety of nonpartisan bill drafting, research, computer and other administrative services to all of the members of both houses of the Legislature.
Under the direction of an Executive Director appointed by the Council, the staff of the Council:
- Prepare all bills, memorials and resolutions and numerous amendments for consideration during each legislative session.
- Review every law passed by the Legislature, make clerical corrections and draft explanatory notes where appropriate before delivering for publication.
- Perform legal research at the request of legislators.
- Publish annual editions of the following reports: Arizona Legislative Bill Drafting Manual, the Annual Report on Defects in the Arizona Revised Statutes and State Constitution and the Digest of Laws.
- Perform the enrolling and engrossing of bills, memorials and resolutions.
- Provide information technology support for the House of Representatives, the Senate and the Joint Legislative Budget Committee.
- Maintain an Internet site for the Legislature. The site provides a variety of detailed information regarding the content and status of bills and the activities of legislative committees.
- Provide management and other support services for various legislative buildings and properties.
Information Systems Manager
Word Processing Supervisor
For a complete list of documentation and publications, please view the list below:
- Table of Sections Affected for the 53rd Legislature, 1st Regular Session (2017)
- Table of Sections Affected for the 52nd Legislature, 2nd Regular Session (2016)
- Table of Sections Affected for the 52nd Legislature 1st Regular AND 52nd Legislature 1st Special Session (2015)
- 2017-2018 Bill Drafting Manual
- 2016 Internal Reference Manual
- Statutory Sections Repealed by Sunset Provisions
- Affected Session Laws (August 2017)
- Statutory Delayed Repeals, Statutory Conditional Enactments and Conflicting Multiple Versions of Statutes (2018)
- Annual Report on Defects in the Arizona Revised Statutes and State Constitution (2016)
- Legislative Council Drafting Assignments
- Legislative Manual
- 2017 Blends
- Renumbered Sections of the ARS (53rd Legislature 1st Regular Session)
- Sections Effective as of 9/1/2016 and later
- Programs Set to Terminate
- Misdemeanor Offenses (through 52nd-Legislature, 2nd Regular Session)
- Felony Offenses (through 52nd-Legislature, 2nd Regular Session)
- Proposition 105 Requirements (November 2016)
- 2016 Election Results Memo
- 2018 Capitol Lawn Information